2018: Let's Do This.



Helloooooooo Poodles!  I trust that we all had a lovely New Year's, and now here we are . . . at the beginning . . . all over again.

It's interesting to me, the excitement and promise of a New Year - the resolutions, the hopes, the plans.  In reality, January 1 is just another day.  At it's core, it holds no more or less promise than any other day.  I'm not saying I don't have my own hopes and plans for the year ahead - but really, shouldn't we view every day with such excitement?  There is no guaranteed tomorrow for any of us - and so truthfully, we should wake up every day in gratitude, hoping to be our very best selves.

Ugggghhhhh . . . .  I get it.  Exhausting, right?  I don't think it has to be.  If we try just a *little* bit every day, to be better than we were yesterday . . . to spend a *little* more time focusing on our goals rather than our Netflix queue (but I loveeeeeeee itttttttt) . . . to send a quick note to that friend or family member - you know, like actually let them know that you are thinking about them, rather than just scanning their Facebook page.

Maybe if we look at each day as a microcosm - each day with as much excitement and promise and shiny new-ness as New Year's Day - it's much less daunting then staring down the barrel of an entire calendar year, knowing that at some point you are going to fall off the wagon.  Maybe it's just today.  TODAY I am going to be the best version of me.  TODAY I am going to be grateful, and present, and hopeful.  TODAY I am going to do that one thing I keep putting off.  TODAY I am going to reach a little further.  TODAY I am not going to snap at a tourist blocking the doors of the subway train (I meannnn HOW do they think that is going to work!?!?).  Baby steps.  Baby steps.

Then, before you know it, it's a week . . . two weeks . . . then a MONTH!  All of these little moments, these opportunities to be better, they add up and multiply . . . and *poof*  Hey!  What's that!?!?  That's you being a better you.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the "right now" you, but even the most amazing people I know have those things they put off. . . that closet full of junk, that phone call, that card they wanted to send, that project they haven't started.

So maybe my most important goal of 2018, is making every day New Year's Day.  Every day I will meet with gratitude, and every day I will do at least one thing to move me towards being a better me.  Today I wanted to write a blog.  Short, long, funny, serious, anything.  And BOOM.  Not even noon and I am DONE.  Where's the prosecco??  Joking guys, joking.  It's vodka day.  Zinnnnng!

Look, I'm just fumbling through life like everyone else.  I'm no expert.  I'm just a girl with some hopes and dreams, figuring out how to make them reality.  There's the saying about "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".  Well, the journey of 2018 begins with a single day.  Today.  Let's do this!


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.